Orofacial Myofuctional Therapy (Orofacial Myology) services are currently offered in our Charlotte, North Carolina location.
Therapy services are individualized for each patient to improve normal resting posture and muscle function of the jaw, lips, tongue, and face. An Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy consultation may be appropriate for the following:
· Oral Habit Elimination: Pacifiers, Thumb Sucking, Tooth Grinding
· Tongue Thrust
· Elimination of Mouth Breathing / Proper Oral Rest & Nasal Breathing
· Remediation of Speech Sound Disorders / Lisps
· Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTs) / Tongue Tie
· Supporting Orthodontic Treatment
· Picky Eating / Feeding Concerns
Julia works closely with a variety of allied healthcare professionals to ensure a complete perspective and treatment plan. These may include: pediatricians, otolaryngologists, allergists, dental specialists, orthodontists, physical therapists, lactation consultants, craniosacal therapists, chiropractors, and more.
To learn more about orofacial myofunctional disorders, please visit the IAOM.